LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs

Monday, January 12, 2009

Christmas Turkey

The turkey after it's been rinsed and before rubbed with butter and seasonings. Man that bird was freaking heavy. I could pick up my youngest a LOT easier than that bird. I was surprised I was able to pick it up.
Then the butter, flour, dried mustard, thyme, garlic salt, pepper, and onion powder is the mixture. And well since this was my first time doing a Christmas turkey I just winged it. Next time I will melt the butter then mix the seasonings in with the melted butter then pour it onto the bird and then powder it with flour like you would powder your face.. LOL I also put some of the butter mixture and put it inside the bird between the legs.

Then onto the baking just like the package says. Set the temp then stick the bird in for desired amount of time. During cook time take the melted butter that is inside the bird and rub it all over the bird keeps it moist. Once the popper thing pops just turn your oven off and let it sit there until the rest of your dinner is done.

So the outcome would look something like this.

Along with the other food we had fixed:
© Cooks Cooking since 2005


Share/Save/Bookmark

0 What's Cooking:

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP